TPP and the Auto Industry
Webinar 1 CCS Credit
The Trans-Pacific Partnership, the largest free trade agreement ever concluded with a dozen Pacific Rim members, offers potentially significant opportunities for the automotive industry. After intense negotiations, TPP members agreed to lower tariffs and other barriers to trade in vehicles and auto parts, which will impact sourcing and manufacturing decisions. This webinar will review the agreement’s auto provisions and what practical impact they will have.
- bilateral automotive agreement between the U.S. and Japan
- overview of the rules of origin
- special rules of origin applicable to certain vehicles and parts
- TPP and overlapping free trade agreements (e.g., NAFTA)
- other TPP provisions and how they affect the auto industry
MIKE WILDER is Vice President, Business Practice Innovation of Sandler & Travis Trade Advisory Services Inc. He has 25 years’ experience in all major areas of customs and international trade, including senior customs management positions for major automotive and auto parts companies. He also served as a regulatory auditor for U.S. Customs and is a certified public accountant.