Trade in Turmoil [Monthly Update]
Webinar: 0.5 CCS /CES Credits
New tariffs go into effect Sept. 1 on most goods from China not already subject to tariffs. This webinar will examine which products are affected, which have been excluded, and which will not be subject to the tariffs until Dec. 15.
This 30-minute update also reviews other recent trade policy developments as well as predictions on what may happen in the near future. Topics will include the following.
- U.S.-China trade negotiations and tariffs
- the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement and possible passage in 2019
- free trade agreement negotiations with Japan
- possible FTA negotiations with the European Union and the United Kingdom
- legislation to take back from the president authority to implement Section 232 tariffs and restraints
- currency manipulation in countervailing duty cases
- other breaking trade news
NICOLE BIVENS COLLINSON leads the International Trade and Government relations practice of Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A., and serves as managing principal of the Washington, D.C., office. She is also a member of the Firm's Operating Committee. Ms. Collinson has over 30 years of experience in government, public affairs and lobbying. She has drafted and guided the successful implementation of several pieces of key international trade legislation positively affecting the bottom line of many U.S. companies.