International Arbitration: Everything You've Ever Wanted to Know But Were Afraid to Ask
Webinar: 1 CCS/CES Credit
Aimed at businesspersons and attorneys unfamiliar with international arbitration, this seminar is a primer on this popular yet often misunderstood method of dispute resolution.
- differences from litigation, mediation, and domestic U.S. arbitration
- what to expect from international arbitration proceedings from beginning to end
- costs and the factors that affect them the most
- choosing among the different international arbitration organizations and rules
- why choosing the "seat" of the arbitration really matters
- considerations in choosing your arbitrator and your counsel
- drafting strong contractual arbitration clauses
Tiffany Comprés is Of Counsel to Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A., resident in the Miami office. Ms. Comprés handles cross-border transactions and disputes, with particular expertise in fresh produce and art/antiquities in international trade. Her fluency in four languages and practice experience in Italy, France, and the United States uniquely situate her to help clients in these historically “handshake” businesses to protect their interests in today’s compliance-focused environment. Using pragmatic approaches to deal making while also taking the long view, she is able to assist in building relationships in industries where repeat business is essential.