Argentina Importing and Exporting: The New Rules
Webinar 1.5 Credits
A new president in Argentina is moving quickly to make the country a more inviting place to do business, and that includes changes in import and export regulations, policies and procedures. This webinar will review what is changing and what is staying the same and the practical effects of each.
- import processes and procedures
- new Comprehensive Import Monitoring System (SIMI) vs. the former Advance Import Sworn Statement (DJAI)
- automatic and non-automatic import licensing (AIL-NAIL)
- tariff classification and indirect taxes applicable to imports
- free trade agreements and origin determination
- drawback operations and special trade programs
- customs inspections and audits
- fines and penalties
Roberto Morinigo, commercial manager of the STTAS Argentina office, has extensive experience in business development for local and multinational services companies. He has also served as a foreign trade consultant in Argentina’s Ministry of Economy. He holds a B.S. in international commerce and has conducted post-graduate studies in foreign trade and integration management. He is fluent in Spanish and conversant in English and Portuguese.