Import Compliance Manuals – Putting Your Words Into Action!
Webinar: 1 CCS Credits
How often have you said, “One of these days I’ll get around to writing a compliance manual?” In light of the prolific trade policy changes, this webinar will provide importers with clear guidance to put day-to-day and missing procedures in writing. Even if you have already developed a compliance manual, join in for suggestions on keeping it current.
- Business partner communication/protocol (vendors, customers, service providers)
- Powers of attorney
- Customs bonds, payments and ACE
- HTSUS Classification
- Preference programs and free trade agreements
- Country of origin determination and marking
- Quantity reporting and discrepancies
- Customs communications (requests for information, notices of action, protests)
- Pre and post entry review, including internal audits
- Intellectual property rights
- Forced labor
Lenny Feldman is a Senior Member of Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A., and serves on the firm's Operating Committee. He served as a senior attorney at U.S. Customs’ Office of Regulations and Rulings from 1991 to 2000, where he issued hundreds of decisions and trained agency officials on customs laws and regulations relating to classification, origin, trade preference, valuation, and enforcement. Today he serves as counsel to numerous corporate officials on global compliance and enforcement issues and serves as co-chair of the Commercial Customs Operations Advisory Committee.