Import Compliance Bootcamp
Import compliance regulations and enforcement priorities are always evolving and this year is no exception. Whether you’re looking for a refresher course or are new to the industry and want to get up to speed fast, this comprehensive overview of import laws, regulations, and best practices will give you the resources and information you need to tackle a variety of trade compliance issues with authority.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection administration and enforcement focus
- fundamentals of valuation (related party pricing, handling agents, royalty/license fees, commissions)
- country of origin marking
- administrative process (rulings, protests, and penalties)
- customs brokers and bonding
- alternatives to duty payment (bonded warehouses, foreign-trade zones, duty drawback, and Chapter 98)
- preference programs and free trade agreements
- strategies to reduce duty liability
MARK TALLO is a Member in the Import and Export Practice Group of Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A., resident in the Washington, D.C., office. His practice areas include customs, import and export compliance, and international anti-corruption measures such as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act as well as advising clients on duty savings opportunities through the First Sale Rule and U.S. preference programs, including the Generalized System of Preferences and bilateral and regional free trade agreements.