Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A. (ST&R) is a leading international trade law firm with offices in the United States, Hong Kong and China. ST&R US is seeking a tariff classification consultant to join its Customs and International Trade Consulting practice.
Seeking applicants interested in either full or part time work, as the position is flexible. The classification consultant may work remotely or out of any ST&R office in the US. Immediate availability / short notice is preferred.
- University degree in relevant disciplines
- 3 - 5 years of tariff classification experience across a wide range of products
- A keen interest in conducting research and investigative work
- Ability to deliver insights and recommendations based on analysis
- Strong time management skills, efficient work processes
- Ability to manage, digest, and prioritize large volumes of data
- Experience analyzing technical drawings preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills, independent, and self-motivated
- Great attention to detail and analytical mind
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Effective communication in English, both spoken and written
- Perform research; request and analyze technical product information and derive at the classification with well documented audit trail to support tariff classification determinations for multiple countries
- Meet Customs reasonable care standards and record keeping requirements
- Support tariff classification reviews for Customs audits, parts database reviews and prior disclosure reviews
- Keep current with changes in regulations and Customs practices that impact classifications
- Participate in meetings and compile reports
- Provide guidance to all internal and external party on completing and submitting the documents required for appropriate tariff classification project(s)
- May support attorneys and trade advisors with tariff classification advocacy before Customs
- Occasional travel may be required.
How To Apply
Please apply with resume and cover letter indicating availability by email to Tammy Romano at email@example.com.
Personal data will be used for recruitment purposes only.