Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, PA (ST&R) is a leading international trade law firm with offices in the United States, Hong Kong, and China. We are seeking an Assistant Controller to join our team in our Miami office. This position is Hybrid remote in Miami, FL.
The ideal candidate is a career-oriented, experienced accounting professional, who will apply their expertise and knowledge while following all accounting guidelines under the supervision of the Controller. The primary functions for this position are to assist in the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements and documents. The goal is to contribute to keeping the accounting and financial processes of the firm up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control.
Support the Controller with all aspects of accounting management and system implementations.
Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements.
Assist in preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Assist with the month-end closing process, conducts research and making correction journal entries for account discrepancies, prepares closing journal entries, posts accrual entries, and prepares required management reports.
- Assist with necessary financial statement preparation for auditors.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
Must possess ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent experience in a related field preferred.
- Proven experience as an Accounting Manager or Full Charge Bookkeeper.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of professional work experience in this role.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations.
- Must be well-organized with a great eye for detail, dependable, and able to prioritize/conduct tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
- Experience in Elite Enterprise & Elite 3E or similar accounting software required.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft products, especially Power Bi, SQL and excel.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Review vendor invoices and Travel & Expense Reports for payment and processing in Chrome River.
- Coordinate and manage payments to vendors and employee reimbursements with Accounts Payable Representative.
- Monitor vendor statements, wire transfer requests, and other transactions.
How To Apply
Please apply with resume and cover letter indicating availability by email to Tammy Romano at email@example.com.
Personal data will be used for recruitment purposes only.