Sandler & Travis Trade Advisory Services, Inc.
Areas of Practice
- Automated Export System (AES) Compliance & AES Trade Data Analysis
- Commodity Jurisdiction & Classification Determinations
- Customs Communications, Investigations & Regulatory Audits
- Deemed Exports/Technical Data Transfers
- Export Compliance Programs
- Export Controls & Economic Sanctions
- Internal Review & Audits
- Licensing & Screening
- U.S. Embargoes & Economic Sanctions
B.S., Computer Science
Lawrence Technological University
ANU GAVINI is President and Chief Operating Officer of Sandler & Travis Trade Advisory Services, Inc., resident in the Detroit office. Her focus is on import and export operational and compliance activities for various multinational corporations in North America, Asia and Europe.
Ms. Gavini has over 20 years of broad experience in the customs and trade area. She consults on regulatory and licensing requirements for dual-use commodities, technology and software (including encryption). She has expertise in performing import and export reviews, drafting import and export compliance manuals, and assisting in audits and investigations. She provides advice to clients on Office of Foreign Assets Control’s (OFAC) embargoes and sanctions programs, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) issues, and the Census Bureau’s Foreign Trade Regulations.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Gavini spent many years with DaimlerChrysler Corporation in numerous capacities. This background has given her extensive knowledge in systems, purchasing, supply chain management, manufacturing and import/export compliance activities and issues. She holds a B.S. in Computer Science from Oakland University and an MBA from Lawrence Technological University.
- July 1, 2014
- September 12, 2013STR STTAS Advisory
- April 16, 2013STR Client Advisory
- November 19, 2012STR Client Advisory
National Association of Purchasing Managers