Standards on Processed Fruits and Vegetables to be Focus of USDA Meeting
The Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service is hosting a public meeting Aug. 1 in Washington, D.C., to provide information and receive public comments on agenda items and draft U.S. positions to be discussed at the 28th session of the Codex Committee on Processed Fruits and Vegetables taking place in Washington Sept. 12-16.
The CCPFV is responsible for elaborating worldwide standards and related texts for all types of processed fruits and vegetables, including canned, dried and frozen products, as well as fruit and vegetable juices and nectars. The following items on the agenda for the 28th session of the CCPFV will be discussed during the public meeting.
- proposed draft annex on canned pineapples
- proposed draft annexes on quick frozen vegetables and methods of analysis for quick frozen vegetables
- standardization of dry and dried produce
- food additive provisions in Codex standards for processed fruits and vegetables (canned chestnuts and canned chestnut puree and pickled fruits and vegetables)
- revision of Codex standards for processed fruits and vegetables