West Coast Port Fees, Container Status System on Agenda for Upcoming FMC Meeting
The Federal Maritime Commission will meet Dec. 16 in Washington, D.C., and discuss the following matters the meeting’s open session.
- the West Coast Marine Terminal Operator Agreement, which oversees the PierPASS program at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach that imposes a fee on loaded containers to fund the operation of off-peak gate openings
- the port of New York and New Jersey’s Terminal Information Portal System, which enables users to check container availability and export booking status and obtain information on extended hours, holiday schedules or row closures at all six of the port’s container terminals
- maritime discussions with China
- the World Shipping Summit held Nov. 5-6 in Guangzhou, China
- alternative dispute resolution and arbitration