FMC Proposes to Halt FR Publication of OTI Licensing Activities
The Federal Maritime Commission is planning to start providing notice of ocean transportation intermediary license applications, revocations and suspensions on its Web site instead of in the Federal Register. The FMC believes this change will simplify its business processes, reduce administrative costs and provide more timely public notification of these actions. The direct final rule making this change will be effective Sept. 22 unless significant adverse comment is received by Aug. 22, in which case it will be timely withdrawn.
Revocations. In the meantime, the FMC has given notice that the following OTI licenses have been revoked. A revocation may occur after a license is surrendered voluntarily by the OTI or for failure to maintain a valid bond.
- license #014485NF: England Global Logistics USA Inc., Torrance, CA
- license #023498NF: BDL Logistics LLC, League City, TX
- license #024898N: Proline Shipping Houston Inc. d/b/a Proline Logistics, Houston, TX
Applicants. In addition, the FMC has provided notice that the following have filed applications (a) for OTI licenses as non-vessel-operating common carriers and/or ocean freight forwarders or (b) to amend an existing OTI license or the qualifying individual for a licensee.
- Fast Nova Corp., Doral, FL (new NVO & OFF license)
- Global Cargo Corporation, Miami, FL (QI change)
- Gonzalez Exporting Corp., Miami, FL (new OFF license)
- I.L.S. Inc. dba Avalon Maritime, Rancho Dominguez, CA (QI change)
- Integrated Logic Inc., Irvine, CA (new NVO & OFF license)
- Maxcar Export Inc., Miami, FL (new NVO & OFF license)
- WorldBridge Logistics Inc., Memphis, TN (add OFF service)