Additional Reporting Requirements on Natural Gas Trade Proposed by DOE
The Department of Energy will accept comments through Feb. 27, 2016, on its proposal to extend and add reporting sections to form FE-746R, “Natural Gas Imports and Exports.” This form collects information including the name of the importer/exporter, the country of origin or destination, the international point of entry or exit, the name of the supplier, volume, price, transporter, geographic market served, and duration of supply contract.These data are used to monitor North American gas trade, which in turn enables the federal government to perform market and regulatory analyses, improve the capability of industry, and keep the general public informed of international natural gas trade.
DOE is now proposing to add the following sections to this form.
- exports/imports of compressed natural gas by vessel
- exports/imports of compressed natural gas by rail
- exports/imports of compressed natural gas by waterborne transport
- exports/imports of liquefied natural gas by rail
- exports/imports of liquefied natural gas by waterborne transport
- other exports and imports of natural gas by rail, truck, vessel and waterborne transport
- re-export of liquefied natural gas by vessel
- exports/imports of liquefied natural gas by vessel in ISO containers