National Maritime Security Advisory Committee Meets Sept. 24-25
The National Maritime Security Advisory Committee will hold an open meeting Sept. 24-25 in Washington, D.C. Items to be discussed include the following.
- the Cyber Security Executive Order and initial work on developing a framework for the maritime community
- the Coast Guard’s implementation of Presidential Policy Directive 21 on critical infrastructure security and resilience as it will impact the maritime community
- the Chemical Facility Safety and Security Executive Order as it impacts the maritime community
- the Transportation Security Worker Identification Credential rulemaking project
- the Radiation Portal Monitoring Program and the challenges involved in replacing/altering current monitor programs within ports
- the Coast Guard’s future regulatory agenda
Members of the public planning to attend this meeting should contact the Coast Guard no later than Sept. 18. The meeting will also be broadcast online and via teleconference.