Facilitating Trade on Agenda for May 13 Shipping Coordinating Committee Meeting
The State Department’s Shipping Coordinating Committee will conduct an open meeting May 13 in Arlington, Va., to prepare for the 39th session of the International Maritime Organization's Facilitation Committee, which will be held Sept. 22-26 in the United Kingdom. The agenda for the May 13 meeting includes the following items.
- e-business possibilities for the facilitation of maritime traffic
- formalities connected with the arrival, stay and departure of persons
- ensuring security in and facilitating international trade
- ship/port interface
- guidelines on minimum training and education for mooring personnel
- technical cooperation activities related to facilitation of maritime traffic
Interested parties may attend this meeting in person or participate via teleconference.