Deemed Exports, Export Control Reform Among Topics of Upcoming Meeting
The Bureau of Industry and Security’s Emerging Technology and Research Advisory Committee will hold a partially open meeting June 18-19 in Washington, D.C. This committee advises BIS on emerging technology and research activities, including those related to deemed exports.
The open session of the upcoming meeting will include the following.
- a new deemed exports report
- a report on the June conference of the Association of University Export Control Officials
- a review and discussion of new Export Control Reform Initiative activities
- reports from committee members of their assigned categories in reviewing the Export Administration Regulations
- a report from the Air Force Office of Scientific Research on a recent international technologies exchange meeting and emerging technologies under consideration
This session will be accessible via teleconference to 25 participants on a first come, first served basis. Requests to join the conference are due no later than June 11. In addition, a limited number of seats will be available at this session, but reservations are not accepted.