FTZ Board Actions on Production Requests, Subzone Expansion
Proposed Production Activities. The Foreign-Trade Zones Board has received two separate notifications of proposed production activity from the entities named below. Comments on these requests are due no later than April 27.
- Metroplex International Trade Development Corporation, grantee of FTZ 168, for production activity at the Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation facility in Dallas, Texas, which is used for the production of passenger jet aircraft
- County of Monroe, New York, grantee of FTZ 141, for production activity at the Xerox Corporation facility in Webster, N.Y., which is used for the production of bulk toner, toner cartridges and photoreceptors
Approved Production Activities. The FTZ Board has authorized production under zone procedures at the following facilities.
- CEI-Roanoke LLC facility within Subzone 238B in Roanoke, Va., for the production of cosmetics and the bottling of personal care products
- Lam Research Corporation facilities within subzone 45H in Tualatin and Sherwood, Ore., for the production of semiconductor production equipment, subassemblies and related parts
- Zale Delaware Inc. facility within subzone 39F in Irving, Texas, for the distribution and assembly of jewelry and accessories (FTZ activity is limited to specific foreign-status materials and components, such as cut diamonds, ring mounts, ear ring mounts, necklaces (rope and mixed link) and pendant mounts (duty rates range from zero to 5.8 percent)).
Expanded Subzone. The FTZ Board has approved the expansion of subzone 78A, as requested by the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, grantee of FTZ 78, on behalf of Nissan North America Inc. This expansion will add 77.03 acres at site 1 in New Smyrna, Tenn.