FTZ Approves Two Reorganized Zones, Expanded Production Activity, New Subzone
The Foreign-Trade Zones Board has received an application from the Huntsville-Madison County Airport Authority, grantee of FTZ 83, requesting subzone status for the VF Jeanswear facility in Hackleburg, Ala. No authorization for production activity has been requested at this time. Comments on this request are due no later than Nov. 6.
Separately, the FTZ Board has:
- approved an application to reorganize FTZ 65 in Panama City, Fla., under the alternative site framework with a new service area of Bay and Washington counties in Florida, adjacent to the Panama City U.S. Customs and Border Protection port of entry;
- approved an application to reorganize FTZ 40 in Cleveland, Ohio, under the alternative site framework with a new service area of Cuyahoga, Geauga and Lorain counties in Ohio, in and adjacent to the Cleveland CBP port of entry;
- authorized additional production activity at the Roper Corporation facility within subzone 26G in Lafayette, Ga. (this subzone currently has authority to produce various types of kitchen ranges using certain imported components and the new authorization adds imported components to the scope of authority);
- authorized additional production activity at the The Gas Company LLC d/b/a Hawai'i Gas facility within subzone 9F in Kapolei, Hawaii (this facility currently has authority to produce synthetic natural gas, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, hydrocarbon gas mixtures and zinc sulfide using certain foreign-status feedstocks produced within the subzone, and the new authorization allows the company to admit specified feedstocks from any source in foreign status); and
- approved the establishment of subzone 247C at the Hardinger Transfer Co. (d/b/a Team Hardinger Transportation and Warehousing) facilities in Erie and Grove City, Pa. (no authorization for production activity has been requested at this time).