Foreign Regulatory Changes That Could Affect Exports
According to the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the World Trade Organization has been notified of regulatory changes that may affect exports of specific products to the following countries. For more information on how these restrictions may affect your business, contact ST&R.
• Canada – proposed amendment to safety regulations on built-in restraint systems and booster seats (comments due by Feb. 9, 2012)
• Colombia – draft technical regulation on marking and physical appearance of high-pressure seamless cylinders for industrial or medical gas (comments due by Feb. 24, 2012)
• Czech Republic – draft amendment to regulation on milled cereal products, pasta, bakery products, and confectionery products and pastries (comments due by Feb. 1, 2012)
• Dominican Republic – standards on pasta and alcoholic beverages (comments due by Dec. 26)
• Korea – conformity assessment for broadcasting communications equipment (comments due by Feb. 2, 2012)
• United Arab Emirates – draft technical regulation on portland cement (comments due by Feb. 9, 2012)