Customs Advisory Committee to Meet Dec. 7
The Advisory Committee on Commercial Operations of Customs and Border Protection (COAC) will hold an open meeting Dec. 7 in Washington, D.C. Those wishing to participate, either in person or via webcast, should register no later than Dec. 5.
COAC will hear from the following subcommittees on the topics listed and will then review, deliberate and formulate recommendations on how to proceed.
• Global Supply Chain Security Land Border Subcommittee – expansion of the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism, pre-inspection pilots, and enhancement of the Free and Secure Trade program
• One U.S. Government at the Border Subcommittee – update on discussions with members of the Border Interagency Executive Council
• Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement Subcommittee – results of IPR Partnership Program survey and IPR Distribution Chain Management survey
• Antidumping/Countervailing Duty Subcommittee – analysis of various duty collection systems
COAC will also receive an update and discuss the following CBP initiatives and subcommittee topics that were discussed at its Oct. 4 meeting.
• automation of ocean and rail manifest, cargo release and other CBP automation pilots in the Automated Commercial Environment
• centralization of single transaction bonds and coordination of bond issues that apply to other subcommittees
• Air Cargo Advance Screening pilot and the industry input provided toward finalizing a working strategy document for public release