Foreign Regulatory Changes Could Affect Exports of Vehicles, Food, Textiles, Tobacco
According to the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the World Trade Organization has been notified of regulatory changes that may affect exports of specific products to the following countries. For more information on how these restrictions may affect your business, contact ST&R.
• Chile – draft emissions standards for heavy duty motor vehicles (comments due by Dec. 29)
• Colombia – technical regulation on requirements for the labeling of food and the identification of raw materials for human consumption that contain genetically modified organisms issued Sept. 22
• European Union – amended regulation on methods for quantitative analysis of binary textile fiber mixtures published July 30
• European Union – smended regulation on textile names published July 30
• Kuwait – mandatory standard on fruit-flavored tobacco (comments due by Dec. 25)