Trademark Basics and Benefits for the Smart International Trader
Webinar: 1 CCS Credit
Trademarks provide a way to protect goods in the flow of commerce, including at the time of importation. In this introduction to Trademarks webinar, our presenter will cover the proper use of trademarks and show how trademark use is an important component of setting a company’s brand apart from the competition. This webinar will review how to nurture and protect trademarks so as to benefit from their full value. Please note that the topic of International Trademark Protection will be covered in our advanced trademarks webinar, offered on September 20. Click here for more information.
- protecting, preserving and promoting trademarks
- benefits of trademark registration, including the ability to exclude others’ goods
- obtaining a trademark
- differences between trademarks, copyrights and patents
- common misconceptions on what can and cannot be protected with a trademark
- problems arising when a trademark is not properly protected
DAVID J. CRAVEN is a member of Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, resident in the Chicago office. He has practiced international trade and customs law for more than 30 years and is fluent in the nuances of the numerous government agencies responsible for administering U.S. trade and tariff laws. Along with advising clients on U.S. trade matters, Mr. Craven is an accomplished authority on doing business in Asia, Europe and Africa and is experienced in helping clients explore opportunities to stay competitive in the global economy.