Import Compliance Manuals – Putting Your Words Into Action!
Webinar: 1.5 CCS Credits
How often have you said, “One of these days I’ll get around to writing a compliance manual?” This webinar will provide importers and customs brokers with extra motivation to put their day-to-day procedures in writing once and for all. Even if you have already developed a compliance manual, join in for suggestions on keeping it fresh and up-to-date.
- Business partner communication/protocol (vendors, customers, service providers)
- Powers of attorney
- Customs bonds, payments and ACE
- HTSUS Classification
- Preference programs and free trade agreements
- Country of origin marking and origin determination
- Quantity reporting and discrepancies
- Customs communications (requests for information, notices of action, protests)
- Pre and post entry review, including internal audits
- Intellectual property rights
Lenny Feldman is a Member of the law firm and Manager of the Miami office. Mr. Feldman served as a senior attorney in the Value Branch, Office of Regulations and Rulings, CBP, from 1994-1998. In this capacity he was responsible for issuing numerous rulings, directives and guidelines setting forth CBP’s legal and policy positions on valuation and assists. He authored CBP Informed Compliance Publications, advising the trade community on value issues including first sale, related parties and assists. While at CBP, he trained numerous officials on valuation including assists, such as CBP auditors, import specialists and attorneys as well as foreign customs administrations globally. The World Customs Organization recognized Mr. Feldman for his exceptional worldwide valuation training efforts. The Office of the USTR frequently called on him to critique numerous countries’ valuation legislation. Today Mr. Feldman serves as a strategist to numerous corporate officials on customs valuation issues.