Fundamentals of Importing—the Real Basics
Webinar: 1.5 CCS Credits
Many importers, even those with years of experience, do not fully appreciate the importance of properly handling the day-to-day procedural matters that arise when managing an import operation. This comprehensive webinar focuses on the most frequently encountered issues facing importers and offers practical information on how to protect your company’s interests.
- the role and responsibilities of the customs broker
- surety bonds – what they are and what they mean for the importer
- the importance of proper recordkeeping
- liquidation notices in the age of electronic processing, requests for information, rejection notices and other communications from U.S. Customs
- in-bond shipments
- conditional release of merchandise and redelivery notices
- changes to entries: post-entry amendments, post-summary corrections and prior disclosures
- protests and correction of clerical errors
- Customs enforcement actions: penalties, detentions and seizures.
- ACE: what it will mean for importers
Beth Ring, Esq. is a Senior Member of Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A. Ms. Ring has more than 40 years of experience covering the broad range of customs and trade issues for clients across diverse industries. She has extensive experience in representing importers regarding classification, valuation, transaction structuring, duty preference programs, trade remedy laws and trade policy issues.