Duty Drawback Reforms in the Trade Facilitation and Enforcement Bill
Webinar: 1 CCS Credit
The TFTEA includes significant revisions to the duty drawback program, which allows refunds of up to 99 percent of duties, taxes, and fees incurred at the time of importation. Some of these changes will expand benefits and make it easier to file claims, while others will impose a greater burden on filers. This webinar will review the major drawback provisions of the new law and their practical effects as well as other potential upcoming changes to drawback.
- recordkeeping requirements
- claiming unused substitution and manufacturing substitution drawback at the eight-digit HTS level
- calculating drawback claims
- simplified statutory timeframes for filing claims
- claiming drawback on merchandise processing fees and harbor maintenance fees
- transfer of merchandise for drawback purposes
- effective date and transition period
- deployment of drawback in ACE
- FTA impact on drawback
Dawn M. Olesky serves as Vice President of Drawback Operations for Sandler & Travis Trade Advisory Services Inc., resident in the Detroit office. She is responsible for ensuring that drawback operations are conducted properly while striving for continuous improvement. She is also responsible for assisting with sales and marketing of new drawback business while identifying new drawback opportunities for existing clients.